Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone, Having a BLAST!!


Last night, the #PAC (Photographers Adventure Club) had a model shoot and networking event scheduled at +The Duce in Central Phoenix.


At first, I wasn’t going to go. Then, +Dana Hastings kept posting about it, and I decided I should definitely go to this thing – especially since it didn’t cost anything to get in.
So, as I am getting ready, I am thinking, I don’t want to do this by myself, it’s not going to be that much fun, and I might not know people…bla.bla.bla – all the reasons that hold me back in life – the ones that keep me from being successful…so I ignored that voice and went anyway.

I drive up, and parking is full…so I park about a block and a half away, and walk in to this crowded place. 



As I walk in, I see a group of people doing swing dance, and they look like they are having a ton of fun! 
Hmm, I wonder to myself, where are all the photogs? Then I see a series of flashes – yep! Follow the lights, and you will find the people with the cameras.















I walk up, and see a few people I know, +Evy Olivia, +Dana Hastings, and of course, +Nicholas Papagallo. 


The pin up model is posing, and groups are taking shots – I try a few from the side, but don’t really like what I got so far…so I mingle for  a while, get to know a few new people like +Ashish Mehta, connect with an old friend, +Glenn Mire,  and I found I have started to really enjoy myself! 

At this point, the pinup model has changed her outfit - to one I like much better, so I take a few more shots - now that I am relaxed, having fun, and engaging with people, I find a shot that I like.


































Suddenly, swing dancers are over posing for pictures, new models have shown up, and are also posing –  I am meeting new people, handing out cards, and find myself completely having a Fabulous time!!!




By 9 O'Clock, this place is buzzing with life – the music, the dancing, the people – all having a blast!


































Tonight, I learned new things about my recently purchased #Canon7D, met new people, connected with old friends, and when I left, I was astonished and delighted with the amazing time I had!


I am so lucky to have found such an amazing group, and really – I have a great life!!

~Capturing The Moment~
            ~Phaedra


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis