Thursday, October 18, 2012

Beauty at Fossil Creek in Arizona

Ok, I said I would post when I got home last night, but we got home so late...

Yesterday, I can definitely say we took the road less traveled by -




First we went through Payson, AZ to Pine and Strawberry - we visited the Fossil Creek Creamery - which has amazing goat cheeses, soaps, and tasty fudge. For $3 per person you can go into the goat pen and pet all the baby goats and take pictures to your heart's desire. This is a great place to take a family or a couple for pictures. Wonderful place. There is a flower garden and a pumpkin patch.























So, you may be saying, it doesn't sound less traveled by - well that part isn't - it was our next destination that took us on the road less traveled - Chasing Sunsets...




We decided to go to Fossil Creek. The only access by car is past it, then on Fossil Creek Road down to the beautiful, scenic river, hoping to catch sunset on a waterfall... it got dark before we found the waterfall, and let me tell you, this destination is for the dedicated photographer only. An hour drive on an extremely primitive, unimproved road, then a hike on a trail that is not maintained, and is very rocky.






All this was worth it for me...If you are looking for a beautiful place to  take pictures, this is it. Just don't say I didn't warn you...And you could take some great engagement or couple photos, as long as your subjects don't mind the drive and hike. It's a total of about 4 hours from the East Valley portion of Phoenix.






~Capturing The Moment~
     ~Phaedra~

More Photos on my website: www.ejpics.com
Follow me on Facebook: Please 'Like' my page for inspiration, daily photos and updates!
Follow me on Google+: Please follow for updates, advice, tips and daily photos!
Find me on Twitter: @EJ_Photos











..


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis