Monday, June 17, 2013

My Essential Journey...What Inspires me So, what inspires you?

This Poem is the inspiration for my business name, Essential Journeys Photography. When I read this poem, I was a fairly young mom with 3 kids under the age of 5 - wow! It's been a long time...since my youngest is now 14 -














At the time, I was feeling a little lost and unsure what to do with myself other than being a mom. I wanted to expand myself and start a business. Since then, I have had many ideas and concepts, including health and fitness, healing retreats, party planning and many others.

I found that Photography is what fills my heart and soul. When I am taking pictures, the world outside, my worries, problems, and noise in my head melts away. It's me, my camera, and the world I am seeing. This is my essential Journey. To learn, to play, to explore, and "Capture The Moments" along the way!

“The Journey” 

by Mary Oliver


One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice –
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
“Mend my life!”
each voice cried.
But you didn’t stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do –
determined to save
the only life you could save.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis