Friday, June 21, 2013

Photo Friday - Best Photo Place of the Week...


One of the best places to take photos is definitely the beach! Sadly, it's a 6 hour drive from my house in AZ to CA

Anytime I get to visit the beach, I am enchanted by its beauty...the ocean is a magical place - to experience the crashing of the waves, the sand between my toes, the seaweed rolling around the beach...

My husband, +Nevin Culley  and I went to Los Angeles for a portion of a course with +Landmark  called the Wisdom Course.




During the weekend, I made sure we had the opportunity to go say hello to my friend, the ocean.  I remembered how peaceful it is to be at the beach…how my soul and consciousness is at rest and my mind is at peace when I am staring at this amazing force that moves rocks, creates sand, houses entire ecosystems, provides food for so many species, I am always in awe and at the same time I am such a part of the world at that moment…



I see how many it attracts. Fishermen, surfers, joggers, pelicans, seagulls, children, families, and so many more. 












No matter if I am in jeans or sweats, I have to roll up my pants to feel the tickle of the water as it makes its way over my toes and onto my feet.






When the little wave is deeper than I thought and gets the bottom of my pants wet, it always elicits the laugh I had as a child discovering something for the very first time.


















At night, on the pier, the waves seem dangerous yet somehow peaceful and romantic. 










The lights bounce off the water, reflecting their many colors, and the waves look different in the ambient illumination of the Ferris wheel and buildings. No matter how old I get, I am a child at play when I get to be with the sea!

 And This is the Best Photo Place of the Week!

~Capturing The Moment~
              ~Phaedra


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis