Monday, October 22, 2012

This is from an exercise I found on Digital Photography School Website and Blog (http://digital-photography-school.com/) - take a walk with someone (even better if they are not a photographer), and have them tell you when to stop. When they say stop, you take a photo. This exercise forced me to look at perspective and expand what I do for composition, and what I would pick as an interesting photograph.






 I liked this exercise because it forced me out of my comfort zone. This walk seemed quite mundane and boring when we were on it. When my husband or my kids told me to stop, I thought to myself - what the heck am I supposed to be taking a picture of??
 Then, I saw these once I had downloaded them on my computer - 
I was pleasantly surprised. 
I encourage all to try it.



Who would have thought that a random patch of grass growing from the sidewalk or a small, seemingly boring flower could have such visual interest? 
All of these photos were taken in Albuquerque, NM
We took a walk from my dad's house to Starbucks. I had my kids
and husband tell me when to stop and take a picture.



 ~Capturing The Moment~
Phaedra Culley

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis