Sunday, October 6, 2013

How to Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg

You are probably used to me talking about photography, but I have been thinking about this all day, and I would have loved to see someone post this back when I was first experimenting to figure this out...So I am taking a break from talking photos to talking kitchen for a minute.

Plus, it's my blog, and I can write whatever I want... LOL!!

This is the question moms, cooks, and people have been asking through the ages...How do you make the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg? 


Don't you hate it when you to to peel a hard boiled egg, and the shell sticks to it? pieces coming off in tiny, grain sized portions, or ripping the egg entirely?



And howcome, sometimes, it's perfect - it seems to peel off in one or two pieces? What's the difference?


Well, it's in HOW you cook the egg, turns out. How do I know? Because I have been boiling eggs since I could boil water about the age of 8. However, I just recently finally figured out how to make them perfectly. 

Now, my recipe is for well-cooked eggs. If you like yours softer, just cook for less time. Like I said, it's HOW, not how long, or what kind of pot you use.

Ok, so here it is (for one dozen eggs, well-cooked):

1. Start water boiling
2. Take eggs out of fridge, and place in luke-warm water in a bowl while the water is boiling (unless you are a last-minute, convenience freak like me, just run them under warm water - I use one of those baskets that holds eggs called Chef Basket)
3. When water is at full boil, SLOWLY lower the eggs into the pan
4. Set timer for 20 mins
5. When timer goes off, remove eggs, and immediately place them in Cold/cool water.

Now they are ready to peel!

You're Welcome.


~Capturing The Moment~
     ~Phaedra~





<-----------------------Please Share and Subscribe---------------------> 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis