Friday, July 19, 2013

Best Photo Place of the Week

Beautiful, magical, ancient. 3 words that describe the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona.

Not only is this an amazing place with fantastic views, but a hub of research for paleontologists, and archaeologists.

From the beautifully colored clays (different layers for each geological time period - yes my geek is showing) that create these amazing views to the petrified wood - now stone evolved from a marine environment millions of years ago that used to be a lush forest.


The ruins and rock art that are being lost on a daily basis to erosion and vandalism.





I started out taking a trip in school here as an extra credit opportunity in a science class where I would have the chance to hike, take pictures, and see locations only open to us as students.


I became part of the research team, and fell in love with this magical place.

























~Capturing The Moment~
     ~Phaedra~




More Photos on my website: www.ejpics.com
Follow me on Facebook: Please 'Like' my page!






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis